Aerial Photo of Shipley 1950s
The photo shows the centre of Shipley as it was in the mid/late 50s looking roughly north. Parkinson’s is situated on the middle right East of the canal which runs in an arc bottom right to top right. Note Shipley railway station and junction prominent lower middle
A small selection of internal and external photos taken over the years of the Canal Iron Works Factory, Shipley, Bradford, West Yorkshire
The Leeds Liverpool Canal at Shipley with Parkinson’s entrance on the right. The company office is on the extreme right. The gate was added in the early 1970s. Behind that just visible is the factory main entrance.
Present day view along the Leeds Liverpool Canal bank. (Photo John Bourke)
Present day view across the Leeds Liverpool Canal. (Photo John Bourke)
View Larger Map
Google view east from the Victoria St canal bridge.
View of remaining buildings looking south east from Victoria St. (Photo John Bourke)
Parkinson’s new fitting bay under erection in 1954.
Parkinson’s Machine Shop 1898
Parkinson’s New Erecting Shop 1916
Parkinson’s Milling Dpt 1932